• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

750l* planted tank needing advice

waynermills

Seedling
hi all
this is my 1st post,i would like some help,im using easy carbo and pro fito at reccomended amounts and would like to try using (ei)dry salts,can any1 help me with:
1.what chemicals to use?
2.where to buy them,(cheapest please)links would be great?
3.how much to dose and when?as a start,
4,should this help me with algae?

i have
750l*
6 145cm 80 t5,3 turned off as suffered with ALgae few weeks ago whilst on full,situation has improved since,advice would be great????lack of something maybe???
2000lt* of flow,enough to blow plants about everywhere i can see in the tank
co2 (30 litre yeast mix 1.5kg sugar half pot yeast ) 3-6 bps is yeast mix bad idea?
red sea flora base 40mm deep with slate pieces on top to stop fish from digging up and misting water
50% water change every 2 weeks
its moderatly planted,
9hrs of lights on
co2 disconnected at night

as i get better i would like to up my lighting back to full when i get everything else in sync,
any advice on anything im doing would be greatly appreciated,im new to planted aquariums,iv read lots of articles and posts all over the forum,im addicted to reading through it!i will adjust anything just so i can grow perfect plants like you guys!thanks
sorry about any spelling mistakes

Hello and welcome to the forum. :D

You should navigate to the Tutorial section where you can find articles to address your concerns. An easy to read EI instruction can be found at JamesC's EI Dosing Guide

Click the links at the top of the page where you see the banners for our sponsors. They sell these dry salts. You can also find good deals on ebay or online garden centers.

Liquid Carbon products such as EasyCarbo are very expensive to use on a tank size of 750L, while the yeast based gas systems perform poorly, therefore it is suggested that you consider the use of a pressurized gas system, especially if you wish to increase the lighting levels. You have not specified what type of algae you experience, but undoubtedly your CO2 techniques contribute to this.

Cheers,

thanks for reply,that link was perfect,iv orderd the dry salts i think i need.could you reccomend a co2 system that would be suitable for me?more links would be great.the algae is hair mainly on the edges and tips of leaves but covering all over one or two plants with smaller leaves, thankyou again

iv got 3 foot long full pub co2 bottle today,ordered regulator and drop counter,still looking for a cheap enough solenoid switch,im looking at external diffusers after reading around on the forum and i think il get another pump to run it,can anyone reccomend a pump that works well with external diffuser and if so what diffuser?and how many bubbls per second for tank that big??,i have 2 fulva 4+,2 maxijet 1200 power heads,and canister filter aqua one cf-1200 with slow flow but dont want to empty fully because of fish bacteria(or can i?) i have 14'' arrowana 2 9''oscars and few other smaller fish they are well behaved oscars who dont dig thank god,do i still need more flow?at the moment it blows leaves around nearly everywhere,thanks everyone :thumbup: :D

Back