• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Hello From Gravesend

Garyfatbloke

Seedling
Hi all,

I've had tanks in the past but inspired by my son's 3 tanks decided to take the plunge and have a go at creating a planted tank. It's an Aqua One Aquanano 40 and has been up and running for about 4 weeks. It's a bit of a mish mash at the moment as I wasn't too sure what plants to get, I asked in the LFS for plants that were easy to grow and that's what you see in the tank. I also ordered some java moss on mesh which is at the front of the tank.

Livestock wise, I've got a male Siamese Fighting Fish, 3 Ottos and 6 Pentazona Barbs. I don't intend to add any further fish, my water parameters for Ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are all fine so I'm happy with the way things are progressing although I may well be looking for tips and advice along the way.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95262194@N08/21449070326/

Last edited:
Hi and welcome Gary,
From the photo it looks like that amongst your plants have some anubias and some java fern windelov. It also looks like they are buried in the substrate or maybe it's just the angle of the picture. You want to avoid this with these plants or they will just rot. Of course it could be they are not buried and I'm telling you something you already know:)

Thank you all for your welcome and tips. The magnet has gone and both plants have been unburied from the substrate. I'll keep you informed of how things progress

Back