• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A little help please

dave creasey

Seedling
Hi
I have a 200 gallon planted tank and am just about to jump in to the wonderful world of co2. I will be using a pressurized system and probably rig it up to a ph controller. My problem is that the tank is filtered by 2 Fluval fx6s and the large hoses on these make fitting an in line diffuser or reactor tricky and if successful and not leaking would greatly reduce the flow, it has been suggested that Isee can feed the co2 straight into the filter intakes, given the capacity of the filters and the fact that they regularly self purge this would seem the most straightforward and efficient way to introduce co2 ,but not everyone seems to agree.
Any help or further thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Having used twin FX6 on my 500l (100gallon) tank I may be of some help.
Having the Injection prefilter wont work well as filter will fill up with CO2 then 'burp' out the buildup.
Post filter works well, but needs a bypass to keep flow maxed out. I did it with solid plastic tubing with inline diffusers at first then moved onto CO2 reactors.
More detail is in my Journal

I have an FX6 and FX4 on my WaterBox 6025. I’ve never, ever used the stock hoses.

Made a standard Cerges reactor with 1” barbs, 1” ID hose. I’m running a reactor, UV and DIY in-line heater on them. Nothing in my tank but the inlet and outlet pipes.

Good thread re: big accessories for big filters:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Some more good threads on making accessories for 1” hose:

And, finally, here’s my UV, CO2 reactor, CO2 tank and gas flow meter, all working with my 1” hose. Next time I build a reactor I’m going to combine it with the heating element and probe.

1fb965df1cda8489a7392cf93d55b85a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back