• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Solar 1 , 150w halide bulb help needed!

DannyH

Hi guys!

The time has come and I need to replace the ADA NAGreen bulb in my fixture,

it’s been in for about 7 years (5.5 more than recommended)🥶. I’ve strayed to note a serious drop off in growth rate.

I really like the lamp , so don’t want to spend on a newer LED setup, and also am not really in a position to spend the £95 on the few NA bulbs I can still find on the internet.

question, would something like the following 6,500k or 5,600k - 150w suffice for a high tech setup?

it seems very cheap, but is that just compared tonADA marketing?

thanks for any help!

Danny

Hi guys!

The time has come and I need to replace the ADA NAGreen bulb in my fixture,

it’s been in for about 7 years (5.5 more than recommended)🥶. I’ve strayed to note a serious drop off in growth rate.

I really like the lamp , so don’t want to spend on a newer LED setup, and also am not really in a position to spend the £95 on the few NA bulbs I can still find on the internet.

question, would something like the following 6,500k or 5,600k - 150w suffice for a high tech setup?

it seems very cheap, but is that just compared tonADA marketing?

thanks for any help!

Danny
Pretty sure most would consider the ADA bulb @99 euros is over-priced.
That said no other 150w mh will have as much of a green tint as the " green" mh.
Function will all be the same. Look will be different

Either of the bulbs you list are fine.
The 6500k one lists a cri as >90.

The Radium tops out at 5600k.
Checking at Radium and their catalog the only bulb listed is 70w and it is being phased out.
Unless it is old stock it may not be "official Radium made in Germany".
Considering that $10 isn't too cheap.
I doubt if either will last 7 years.
My suspicious mind is just guessing.
"Made in China" comes to mind.

Last edited:
It might not be real clear. The $40 plus Radium is a low k bulb. Like 4000k.
$40 Radium vs $10 " radium"
Was posted just to show the price difference.
That said it would work fine for growing stuff.
Just a warm color.

On a side note the reefing community is having a lot of mixed results with the high k (10000 or greater) Chinese metal halides.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the response!

Do you know of any bulbs/ retailers where there is less of a risk/ not a Chinese version?
Thanks

Thanks very much for the response!

Do you know of any bulbs/ retailers where there is less of a risk/ not a Chinese version?
Thanks
I don't but that doesn't mean much. As a "observation only" that size bulb in that base is headed for extinction for the big players.
Ushio, Phillips ect.
Phillips catalog only shows a 70W, 80CRI @ 3000k in that base.
Indiamart had a 150 watt bulb RX7 base that the image said Made in Japan but ???

Ushio has some cool cool white (14000K) on their on line store:

Back