• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice anyone?

Jiminthestates

I am having a tank built for the office I work at. It will be 2 meters by 0.6 meters by 1 meter. It will be viewable on all sides which makes the aquascape a bit more challenging. Also, it will be a bachelor African cichlid tank - primarily peacock cichlids so from what I’m learning having open swimming area is important.

I know cichlids make plants more challenging - yet I want this to be a real feature of the office so want interesting hardscape with some plants. I assume most of the hard scape should be through the middle of the tank?
Thoughts?
Jim

I’d envision one long central island running from end to end.

As you mentioned, plants are a challenge with cichlids but not impossible.
Adding them to a home setup isn’t an issue as it’s only you that would see them torn up.

Adding to an office setup for them to only be destroyed might not be worth the gamble.

The fish are the centre piece of this kind of system and I think something like the below always works well.

The only plants that ever worked for me in a Rift Lake tank was Java Ferns , Anubias and Amazon Swords tucked in-between rocks. :)

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Back