• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae, flow and co2!

youmustcomply

So I finally think I am winning that battle between all of the above.
Then my Eheim 2075 decides it's going to start leaking.. No problem I thought, ordered new seals...
Which made no difference upto the point where is was leaking 5 litres every 4 hours!

I contact John Allan who has asked me to send him the top which I have done, hopefully a replacement will be coming soon!
Additionally:-
Can adding to Much EI cause algae?
As i had to rip out a load of my plants, obviously my plant mass is alot lower, should EI be adjusted accordingly? I know the whole idea of EI is to have slightly more than needed.

Also I am suspicious about my Azoo needle valve, does anyone recommend any good ones?

Cheers
Jon

Hi Jon
Glad to hear you're winning your battle :thumbup:

youmustcomply said:
Can adding to Much EI cause algae?
Most definitely not.

youmustcomply said:
As i had to rip out a load of my plants, obviously my plant mass is alot lower, should EI be adjusted accordingly?
You can if you want to, but personally I wouldn't bother. Leaving it as it is will not cause you any problems.

youmustcomply said:
Also I am suspicious about my Azoo needle valve, does anyone recommend any good ones?
I use these ones, Needle Valve, after having them recommended to me. Nice and big, so adjustments are easy. Needs to be screwed straight into the solenoid valve using a spanner and some PTFE tape on the thread. Reliable too :D

Thanks - perfect answer!
I believe that my needle valve is giving me inconsistent flow of co2. Which is causing fluctuations in co2 levels creating algae.

Back