• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ant Farm

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
After this epic "Dragon's Lair" build I have been considering starting one up.

Has anyone started/kept an ant colony? How tricky are these? Long term concerns?

Thanks

I remember seeing his Ant planted Jungle Paludarium/Riparium build a few years back, where he made a construction failure and almost drowned his entire ant colony and along the way encountered some filter issues. I'm not sure but I think I gave a comment to that video with some advice about safer construction on the water part with dividers to create a form of internal sump filter with overflows etc. What he made back then was also a very impressive intriguing build that piqued my interest. An ant colony in a planted rainforest riparium. This guy also is a very talented narrator and captivating storyteller. I always love to watch his videos.

wow, you have 12k messages? man, you been busy!! :)
but you want to keep ants?
the Ghost is back!! :) bem vindos de volta ;)

Keeping ants is an idea haha :) been considering it, but they seem escape artists so that scares me a little lol

Not as busy as @dw1305 :)

Any more of this kind of talk and this thread will be heading straight for the new Paludariums, Terrariums, and Vivariums thread... did I mention it was new?
That is under the heading Formicarium.

Back