• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anubias - how humid?

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
How humid do you need to keep Anubias?

I'm setting up a new open topped 120cm tank and am considering having Anubias barteri var. barteri protruding from the surface.

Will I need to spray it daily, or will it be ok just left exposed?

Cheers.

I have tried this before with barteri nana and they just melt when exposed, think you would have to keep them pretty humid, like spray them once an hour.

EDIT: Just found this: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=12184&start=0

The person to call would be JamesM, or anyone with experience with Af, as they supply their plants with a recommended humidity. Anubias had however supposed to be one of the easier ones to grow, swords by far being the most easy.

I have this species currently growing half submerged.

No problems with melt or dying leaves above the surface, even though some are bone dry.

Mine grows pretty well above the water surface as long as the stem and roots are in the water column itself. I find that once they are adapted to the humidity in the atmosphere, they do just fine. It's the transition part that was the hardest. One mistake and you get a dried plant.

I'm struggling to get my bolbitis to grow above the water line though. It seems like the same method I used for anubias failed for bolbitis

Back