• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia Arc 60l

neilnottm

Seedling
Hello

I am interested in setting up a planted tank and wondered if anyone can recommend the arcadia arc 60l with its light and filter as a planted tank?

Thanks

Neil

Hello,
Welcome to the forum! :wave:
If the basic specifications are as I read them:
Volume 60 Litres
Lamp 24W
Filtration 700 L/H
Heater 50W

Then this is fine for plants and you should have little difficulty due to the filtration and lighting. I assume your intend to use either CO2 or liquid carbon or a combination of both?

Cheers,

Hi Ceg4048

Thanks for your prompt reply.

This will be my first go at a true planted tank so wanted to keep the cost down as much as possible in the early stages and depending on my succes progress from there.

My intention was to go with this tank and possibly use a Eheim 2324 along with a powerhead along with CO2 injections (or Liquid Carbon, if you think this would be better). I was drawn to Andy's featured scape to be honest so wanted to try and emulate similar results to him. So wondered if the Arcadia Arc with its custom lighting would be adequate or not.

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,
Adding the extra filter will always help when running a CO2 enriched tank. Gas injection produces better results than liquid carbon alone, but of course there's no rule against using both.

In the planted tank hobby there seems to be a tendency for people to assume they need massive lighting in order to be successful. This is a grand illusion, and the implementation of high energy lighting often results in disaster. There is plenty of light for plant growth, and you might even have more than you bargained for, so the last thing I would worry about is whether there is adequate lighting. Growing plants successfully is so much more dependent on other things. The best advice i can give you is to avoid being hypnotized by light and to instead, pay more attention to everything else.

Cheers,

Thangs Ceg. I will give it a go although I cant seem to find anywhere that sells the Arc 60l in the UK at the moment.

Maybe try to contact Arcadia from their homepage and ask for distributors. If it's been discontinued then I reckon you could just get any 60L tank and buy the Arc Pod(s) separately. If you're going to use an external filter anyway then the integrated equipment on the Arc tank isn't that big of a deal.

Cheers,

Back