• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best aquasoil for my tank.

plantnoobdude

For those unfamiliar with my tank, the journal:

Recently I've been thinking about moving the tank back to aquasoil, but Ive had a poor experience with aquasoil in the past. ADA Amazonia v1, while very nutrient rich, did not hold up well and crumbled after 6 or so months of rigorous replanting and substrate disturbance. Tropica powder soil worked well, but was too light and just flew everywhere.

So here are the factors I want to consider in choosing my soil:
Lower pH
Good nutrient content with ammonia.
Holds up well over time even with lots of replanting
Easy to clean and upkeep with weekly WC
Can't be too dusty

my current options I'm considering are:
Master soil
Landen aquasoil
Tropica regular soil

Any other suggestions for a soil?
Cheers.

I would go for a 'dirted' tank capped with sand. I started using this approach two years ago and saw a significant positive impact on algae and better plant growth. It is so much cheaper. I am sure you have seen the guide but here is the link just in case you haven't Dirted Tank Guide

I would go for a 'dirted' tank capped with sand. I started using this approach two years ago and saw a significant positive impact on algae and better plant growth. It is so much cheaper. I am sure you have seen the guide but here is the link just in case you haven't Dirted Tank Guide
I wouldn't mind using dirt for an aquascape or low tech tank, but my tank gets replanted very frequently (atleast weekly) and unfortunately a dirted tank doesn't work well for that purpose. Since the soil gets disturbed.

1680672158331.png

JUNPlatinumSoil-BrownPowder_8L_700x700.jpg

Platinum aquasoil is popular in Asia and used by aquascapers such as Dennis Wong. There are two grain sizes and I suspect that the one of with the larger grain size is more popular.

Back