• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Best reg?

I third the choice for lunapet.
Variable working pressure.
I have one after recommendation from Alastair and I love it.
The guy at Lunapet is a fantastic bloke to deal with too.
I recently sold my spare and wish I had kept it as a backup now but it only takes 36 hours to get one over form Germany.
http://www.lunapet.de/co2_zubehoer-c-9_14.html

Dont forget to buy the solenoid too

I grabbed a dual stage reg online for £35 so just need the needle valve and solenoid. But it will be very reliable. No risk of EOTD. I'd recommend going DIY for the best 😉 take a look at a boc8500 co2 regulator. Looks pretty and with some swagelok fittings and a Burkett solenoid, you'd have the best reg you would ever need. Searching the web is the best way to get a good regulator. Once you know what to look for and how the measure the fittings anything is possible. You could buy an UP regulator for disposables and add a solenoid. Instant nano co2 for under £30.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I already own 5 regs, one Dupla model is over 25 years old & still working!
I have a more modern Dupla model too, that has been in service for about 7 years.
I like quality gear so £120 sounds reasonable to me - any more ideas....?

A reg as good as the 8500 series deserves a decent low pressure needle valve but I have'nt found anything yet! :? :lol:

Has anyone used the aqua essentials dual gauge reg? It has the solenoid and needle valve all built in for £89.99. It's the one I am looking at getting as I don't know much about setting up a reg them adding solenoid and needle valve

Juwel rio 180
2 angels
2 Siamese flying foxes
3 yo yo loaches
4 Julii corys
10 guppys
1 German blue ram

Back