• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best sub 100$ light for small tank!

The MicMol arrived today, less than a week from China! I'm really pleased with it.
Out of the box the build quality feels lovely. Everything is anodised aluminium. the mount is nice and high so it gives a very good spread of light.

View attachment 218448

The setup was very easy (which surprised me). And the app seems feature rich. You can specify the power and timing of each of the four channels independently. Has a few extra features like lunar cycles, thunderstorms, cloud cover etc.

The red channel is very deep

I'm a novice when it comes to plants, so dont really know the names of any I have (surprisingly they are are doing quite well).
With the old lights I couldn't tell this plant had a pink/red tinge to it.
Is the first shot with everything at 100%?

660nm red photographs poorly..

Anyways you might want to be careful with the overall intensity..

Hi, if I pull the plug and leave it out 5 mins, then plug it back in, the light turns on and resumes whatever state/time it was previously in.

It's not even been a week since I swapped lights, and plants already seem to be doing better.

This is a before and after of the same plant. The tips have become a lot more pink/red.

Before
20240313_213119.jpg

After
20240424_171622.jpg

Back