• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can I use Fluval 307 hose on a Fluval 107?

AlecF

My 307 Fluval has been terminally leaking. I brought the replacement seal and it still leaks. I have an old 107 which I have reinstated. Can I use the 17mm hose for the 307 safely with the 107, which uses 14.5mm hose? The grey nozzle fits fine at the aquastop. The issue is more one of capacity / flow. It seems to be doing fine. If I can keep it as it then it will save me £19 buying new hoses, and I already have the hoses cut to the right length. (Fluval people may know the annoying issue with reapplying the grey nozzles when you cut the hose). Any thoughts? Apologies it's such a basic query.

I don’t know anything about fluid dynamics but I’ve used hoses that were larger than supplied on an external and it didn’t appear to have a detrimental effect. It didn’t appear to make it any better either except I didn’t need to clean them as often.

Back