• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros WRGB Pro or Vivid 2 10th anniversary

horze

Hi guys, new to the forum,
Just resetting up a new tank and am looking at purchasing a new light
Just wondering if there are any users here that have any experience with the Chihiros WRGB Pro or Vivid 2 10th anniversary lights that can share their experience with similiar size tank
I am setting up a 120cm length x 45cm deep x 80cm high
It will be moderately plant stock but not crazy. Community tropical fresh water fish

Its quite high of a tank so im a little worried on picking the correct light

The vivid 2 recommends up to 90cm.. im guessing this is because it is only 45cm wide? Looks like i would have to do 2 on my tank?
while the WRGB pro can be bought in a 120cm

Vivid 2 10th anniversary lumens is slightly higher however at 12200 lumens

WRGB pro lumens is 11170 lumens

Is there any other differences apart from the vivid having the fan from these 2 lights? or are they on par. I am struggling to read their par ratings like shown on this page
It looks like it shows information on depth.... if ahyone can teach me how to read it.. would be amazing!

Also if you have any feedback on quality, would be appreciated as it seems to be hit or miss with what i have read so far
If any1 has a better suggestion with light, happy to hear.
Basically i would like bluetooth, timer, dim, and be able to control each led color independently, and pick different levels or brightness throughout the day... i do prefer a more white light look, and be nice to have bright green and red plants

Thankyou in advance!

I am setting up a 120cm length x 45cm deep x 80cm high
It will be moderately plant stock but not crazy. Community tropical fresh water fish

Its quite high of a tank so im a little worried on picking the correct light

The vivid 2 recommends up to 90cm.. im guessing this is because it is only 45cm wide? Looks like i would have to do 2 on my tank?
while the WRGB pro can be bought in a 120cm
1 Vivid for a 120cm tank will not cut it unless you are planing do some sort of an island type scape were only a portion of the tank will be planted. Still though it will look ackward having a single Vivid on a 120cm tank. You would need 2 to make it look balanced.

You can go for a Chihiros WRGB pro or a Week Aqua P1200 which will be cheaper, with nice color rendition and all the tweaking you want. If you go for the Week Aqua make sure you ask for the Bluetooth module v.3.

Hanuman Thankyou for the reply.
When you say look awkward, do you mean physically or actually the light flow inside the tank?
Physically im not worries as i am going to have a hood on this tank.. Ive doing a custom tank so i will make it work some how

Is there any cons of going the WRGB Pro over the vivid
Just checked the week aqua. They look good but lumens is at the 7200 mark compares the WRGB pro at 11170. Would u think i need that extra lumens
thanks again

When you say look awkward, do you mean physically or actually the light flow inside the tank?
Physically im not worries as i am going to have a hood on this tank..
Both. Even if you have it inside a hood your tank might look underlit in certain areas. A vivid is really not the best light for a 120cm tank. You'd need two of those. Some people would even put 3 arranging them length wise.
Since you said you will be moderately planting, I would suggest a full length size light.

Back