• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Christmas '09 PFK - Planted tank stuff

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
Subscribers should get it tomorrow (21st Nov '09).

It features a 40,000 litre planted tank, a nice Nature Aquarium Your Tanks feature, step-by-step ADA-style Iwagumi and ten tough questions about planted tanks and aquascaping set by me. Dan Crawford got 2 out of 10!

Should be a good issue for planted tank and aquascaping fans.

And any brackish goby fans? There's a step-by-step aquascape feature.

cool! sounds like good reading! did you write the step by step george? and when will it be in most good shops by? :thumbup:

Hi Glenn

I did the Iwagumi and brackish step-by-steps, and Your Tanks interview. Not the 40,000 litre planted tank though, unfortunately!

It's out for general release around 25th Nov '09, I believe.

George

I look forward to receiving my copy, one for the planted tank (how big) and two for the Goby info. I am having great success with Freshwater gobies in my Kitchen tank setup (stiphidon sp) they are great algae eaters.

Andy

Nice one, Andy!

Where did you get your FW gobies from?

Oh, forgot to mention - there's a feature on freshwater seahorses too! How cool would they look in a well-scaped planted tank?!

George Farmer said:
Nice one, Andy!

Where did you get your FW gobies from?

Oh, forgot to mention - there's a feature on freshwater seahorses too! How cool would they look in a well-scaped planted tank?!

I got my FW gobies from maidenhead aquatics at Shirley, its one of the few places i have seen them, thing the manager likes them as he 4 or 5 different species. I have Red and blue

Freshwater seahorses! Now that would be seriously cool for my new tank!

I must check out the questions, see if I can beat that Dan fella :geek: (and make sure there are no mistakes :lol: )

Will any of these articles be put up on the website in the future ? Im asking because Im in Bombay right now and I cant pop into WHSmith and get a copy like I usually do 🙁

Best issue for ages!

Nice to see a return to decent planted tank coverage... 😀

The 40,000 litre tank by Green Chapter is awesome.

George's step-by-step Iwagumi is beautiful with a great double page spread for the full tank photo. The write-up describing Iwagumi is really interesting too. It also re-inforces my love for ADA products. A full carpet of HC and hairgrass using just a few pots and no algae. No doubt it can be done without ADA stuff but it must help.

The "Are you as clever as George Farmer" questions are really obscure! I doubt many would even equal Dan Crawford's 2 out of 10!! Funny photo of George. :lol:

Paul Meelen's Your Tanks Nature Aquarium is really nice with some interesting questions and answers.

I see George has another planted tank feature next month - but it's marine!! :shh:

Keep up the great work, George. Inspirational, as always!! :clap: :thumbup:

George Farmer said:
Dan Crawford got 2 out of 10!quote]
Thats not technically true 😳 but man it's hard!

I got my issue on Saturday and it's really smart, loads of planted tank stuff for once :thumbup:

Some Farmer bloke has got some guppies or something in salty water or something or other, i don't remember :lol:

Well worth the money this month!

mine came today, shall settle down later with a cold one to have a read!

Back