• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Art or Strideways ?

TheGreatScape

I've been searching around the net to find a good, decent CO2 setup to invest in for my tanks and narrowed down my options to these 2 brands which are readily available near me and seem to have good reviews going for them. I've been quite impressed with CO2 Art's offering as it has a 10 Year Warranty compared to Strideways which comes with a 3 year warranty only.

The one thing that has been bothering me is that there seems to be a theme shared online saying that CO2 Art regulators aren't great quality and the needle valves are crap. This has got me rethinking my decision and now I'm wondering if Strideways is a better route to go with even though their warranty is only 3 years on the regulator. So far, I haven't seen any negative reviews on the Strideways but that's probably because its quite uncommon in comparison to CO2 Art.

Does anyone know of any cons/downsides with the Strideways? If you've used both, which would you rather go for?

I think most complaints about CO2Art's needle valve is with the SE model. Rightly so since that same valve has been in use for over a decade in the hobby starting from the terrible paintball regulator kits. They also have many complaints about the solenoid failing and some about the regulator not holding pressure. It may seem like many but CO2Art does have a large market presence.

TBH I don't use either company. I built my own regulator!

Last edited:
I think most complaints about CO2Art's needle valve is with the SE model. Rightly so since that same valve has been in use for over a decade in the hobby starting from the terrible paintball regulator kits. They also have many complaints about the solenoid failing and some about the regulator not holding pressure. It may seem like many but CO2Art does have a large market presence.

TBH I don't use either company. I built my own!
Ah, I see. I was looking to go for their Elite model. I figured the 10-year warranty should make it a better choice than Strideways, which offers only three years. I didn't think the CO2 Art SE and Elite would have such a big difference in build quality. I would've guessed they're the same. Their market presence definitely means more negative reviews can be found for their product compared to Strideways, which barely has any online presence.

Building your own is always going to be the best route, but I feel it easier and less work to just get a 'plug and play' sort of system, especially since I have very little knowledge of how everything works :D

Personally having owned both. I’d go with strideways.
I like the layout of the strideways regulater, it’s compact and solid and performs well.
It’s also half the price.
In my country they're both very similar priced. Strideways is about $10 cheaper so not much savings. This is the reason I'm mostly focussed on the quality. I don't mind paying the $10 more if the CO2 Art Elite would be better but it seems to be that the Strideways is cheaper and better

Back