• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 drop checkers.

hazeljane

Hi all,

Ive put 2 drop checkers in my tank and put in AE's 4dkh with bromo blue in.
ive been running my tank with full co2 day and night (no fish) but the checkers have not changed colour either way.
Can anyone help????

Mant thanks in advance

Stu.

hazeljane said:
Hi all,

Ive put 2 drop checkers in my tank and put in AE's 4dkh with bromo blue in.
ive been running my tank with full co2 day and night (no fish) but the checkers have not changed colour either way.
Can anyone help????

Mant thanks in advance

Stu.

Stu

Could you advise on "How" you are dispensing / distributing your Co2 within the tank, and to what ratio of 4Dkh / co2 reagent (bromo blue) are you using, + how much surface ripple do you have.

I have just read your thread regarding viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9085 - process of elimination regarding co2 - FE bottle open ?, green light "ON" on night time shut off valve ?, if the answer is yes to these I would say your problem is with the Dennerle Duomat and ph controller as it not allowing the gas to go to the Dennerle coc400 Bio station and that why your DC are not changing colour.

Regards
paul.

hiya paul,
Im using AE's ready mixed 4dkh wth bromo blue already in.I have slight surface ripple and i have not connected the ph controller or the night time shut off and as said before no fish yet. There is co2 going into the tank as i have pulled the pipe of the end of the bio station and its bubbling away.I think it is the bio station,so i think i'll take it out and put a glass diffuser in.Would i be better with 1 diffuser or 2.

Many thanks Paul.

Stu.

hazeljane said:
hiya paul,
Im using AE's ready mixed 4dkh wth bromo blue already in.I have slight surface ripple and i have not connected the ph controller or the night time shut off and as said before no fish yet. There is co2 going into the tank as i have pulled the pipe of the end of the bio station and its bubbling away.I think it is the bio station,so i think i'll take it out and put a glass diffuser in.Would i be better with 1 diffuser or 2.

Many thanks Paul.

Stu.

Get it going with 1 x diffuser for now - you can add a second diffuser later - but don't forget you will have to buy a splitter
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... ts_id=1254 to feed two diffuser's unless you are going to use two seperate Co2 bottles or FE's, but then you will want any regs / shut off valves, double the amount of piping etc.

Paul.

Thanks flyfisherman already got one of them you doing me a good service cheers. :clap: :clap:

Stu.

Back