• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 hose/piping/tubing

Etherelda

Hello
The tubing that came with my JBL easy Co2 kit is really kinked in many places and will only allow the co2 through consistently when I pull it taught.

As a replacement, do I have to purchase a specific type of hose/pipe/tube or can I just use airline?

Thanks

Fern

it has to be co2 tubing.have you tried leaving the tubing in hot water then getting the kinks out.
don't burn/scald yourself.

Hi Fern,
CO2 needs specific tubing. It'll run through airline for a while but the CO2 degrades the tubing causing it to become brittle and crack. CO2 tubing is available from some Maidenhead Aquatics (other aquatics shops are available!)or can be found really cheaply on good 'ole eBay try here (amongst many others on there!)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Co2-Proof-Tubing- ... 29fe0cbef0
Cheers
Matt

thanks for this link.
And its clear! :D :D :D :D
Even better!
Saves me wasting airline.
Thanks all, the forum and society have been a godsend whilst dabbling into this world. I must put some pics up, I'm setting up a 160ltr 4' tank, all cycled and with some planting/fish already, but bigger plant order arrives next week.

Back