• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Damaged on arrival

I saw an Eheim Classic 350 for a good price online so I ordered one. It took five days to arrive from France and the outer box didn’t look too bad. When I took out the inner box containing the filter there was an ominous rattle of small parts. The box itself was also ok but when I took out the filter some of the damage was obvious. Two of the head securing clips were detached, one due to the plastic lugs on the canister being snapped off. There was also a small piece of grey plastic loose in the box. On closer inspection it turned out to be part of one of the lugs that secures the top cover to the head. I really can’t see how this could have been damaged in transit. It seems to me that this part at least was damaged before it was placed in the box? Just a heads up to be extra careful when you order stuff from abroad. The filter was sent back FOC within about 15 minutes of receiving it and a full refund has been applied. I’ve ordered a replacement unit from the same vendor, fingers crossed this one arrives without any damage.

Assume this was second hand from abroad?

O dear. OK, hopefully, the new one comes in one piece!

The first one came from France. The replacement was shipped from Germany and is currently in Belgium.
Fingers crossed it arrives in one piece. 😉

The filter arrived today, several days early. All good, no damage. I’ve done a couple of small mods like the 250 I’ve got. Just waiting for some mesh now to make a media basket.

The filter arrived today, several days early. All good, no damage. I’ve done a couple of small mods like the 250 I’ve got. Just waiting for some mesh now to make a media basket.
Right! Game on!

Back