• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle Plants Soil - Any good vs Tropica?

Paulthewitt

I just bought some Tropica Soil from pro shrimp, but they have amended the order and sent me this stuff instead. Now leaving aside just how unprofessional it is to amend an order for such a specific product without even telling me, I cannot be bothered with the returns process if it is basically the same stuff. But I can't figure it out and it seems a fairly new product or branding of at least.

So - Whats the difference and should I send it back?

Hi all,
I just bought some Tropica Soil from pro shrimp, but they have amended the order and sent me this stuff instead. ....
So - Whats the difference and should I send it back?
With the disclaimer that I haven't used either product, I'd say that they look fairly similar, and I'd guess that is true of most <"active substrates">.

Have a look at <"Tropica Plant Growth Substrate Lifespan">.

<"Dennerle Plants Soil 9L - Aquarium Soil Plant Substrate">
...... Soil is an active substrate that lowers the carbonate hardness (KH) and stabilises the pH value. Many aquarium inhabitants and also many aquarium plants prefer soft, slightly acidic water, as in their tropical habitat. Soil is a natural product and consists of 100% valuable clay minerals.....
<"Tropica Aquarium Soil 9L">
.......... It is a complete bottom layer, which can be used without any other types of bottom layer. Furthermore, Aquarium Soil is an active bottom layer that lowers the pH value and slightly affects the water chemistry in favour of plants.
cheers Darrel

Back