• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Different coloured seiryu same scape

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
I'm thinking of adding to my existing seiryu/ryuoh stone from an on-line vendor and was wondering if it really matters that much if the colour doesn't match when trying to create a naturalistic look?

Not at all, mines been bought at different stages from different places. I think it makes a scape look allot more natural too... That's how it would be under a river bed any how, I also think that by the time plants are added to a scape it breaks up any colour changes from rocks via the transition.

George is correct.
Different colours and shades of the same stone will look odd......especially in a lightly planted tank.
It would be best to try and arrange them grading from dark to light or vice versa ...within the scape.
hoggie

Thanks guys, that's all very sound advice, I've asked them to send me a sample - I doubt it will happen though - not sure the market is quite ready for fussy aquascapers just yet...

Back