• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ebay lighting ballast

niknaksky

Hi all ,

Has any one used the ebay lighting ballast?
Would you recommend them over aquarium ones light hagen arcadia ?
How did you enclose the ballast if at all ?
Was the wiring easy enough ?
Would you use one again ?

thanks

Has any one used the ebay lighting ballast? Yes can be found much cheaper than elsewhere
Would you recommend them over aquarium ones light hagen arcadia ? Yes if you can DIY
How did you enclose the ballast if at all ? I didn't, just use electrical tape over contacts to seal them
Was the wiring easy enough ? piece of cake
Would you use one again ? sure

Hi all,
I've bought them and I get through quite a lot of ballasts because of the grow-lights etc, if you go for a known make you can get a really good deal, and as Radik says they couldn't be easier to wire up. I haven't found a cheaper source for the IP67 water-proof ends yet though.

cheers Darrel

Yes casing is issue you have to store them somewhere safe but there are pretty good deals to have like Osram 2x36W for 10 pounds etc which would cost 30-40 normally.
I was thinking of putting them in to tube than use end caps but could not get anything like that right size.

thanks Guys.

I am thinking of going for a 2 x 80w I wonder if the ballast would fit inside my old arcadia starter.
I could change the end caps and then it would be all enclosed

Back