• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus tenellus

faizal

I had planted echinodorus tenellus in their emmersed leave forms in my excel only tank 2 months ago. Their are not dying or anything but i am not seeing much of the immersed leaves coming out either. I would say the ratio of new submersed leave form to the old existing emmersed variety is about 1: 9 really. The former is so much finer & much attractive to look at & i was wondering if there was a way to speed up the emergence of the submersed leave forms?

I remember reading somewhere that we could give the whole thing a nice short haircut ( mow down the old emmersed leaves) to encourage the submersed growth but could anyone be kind enough to instruct me as to how this is actually done please?

I don't want to cause any damage to the plants through any impatience on my part.

Thanks for seeing this. :)

Hey faizal, i have tennelus in my tank but it came in vitro form, however when looking for guidence to get it started most opinions were of leaving it for about a week to put in roots then cut it right back to substrate level. I have done this a few times now and it does come back stronger each time and put out runners quicker. You need to be gentle, and patient, though as it will uproot very easily when cutting it the first couple of times.

Good luck mate

Cheers mate. Yeah it does come out quite easily doesn't it. Yeah,...in that case i think i would try to give it a cut here and there and see how things go from there on rather than giving it a one big hack. Seems like the right thing to do. Thanks Iain.

Back