• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim 2128 not heating sufficiently

drooke

Hi all,

I have this filter on a 350l tank. I've noticed recently that it just doesn't seem to get up to temperature properly. I only want it to get to 23C but this morning it was only just over 20C with the heater permanently on. For now, I have added an additional 300W heater.

The filter has a 300W heater element which sits in the bottom of the filter with a temperature sensor in the tank. According to the specs it should be good for tanks up to 600l. I have cleaned the filter recently and there was a little sediment build up around the element but I cleaned this out.

Could it be build up attached to the element itself, limescale maybe? Any ideas welcome!

Cheers,

Dan

What temp does the room with your tank in drop to overnight?

I've no experience / knowledge of the 2128, but the recently rediscovered booklet accompanying the heater that came with my tank many moons ago talks in terms of 'delta T', i.e. the relative change in temperature you need to achieve between room ambient and that desired of the tank. So if the room your tank is in falls overnight to e.g. 15C and the heater in the filter is actually only rated for +5 degrees, then that might explain your 20C?

I'd hope for better from Eheim, but might be worth checking both the specs, and the overnight minimum in your room, if you can.

I'm not sure but I bet it gets down to about 10C. I think it's generally warmer in the tank in the evening so your theory could be right. Haven't been able to find anything about the Eheim's delta temperature.

Next time I clean the filter I'll give the element a good scrub and try it on it's own again.

Cheers,

Dan

Back