• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI double dose co2 question

danmil3s

I started double dosing EI values about 2 or so weeks ago on my 750l tank. I knew my co2 uses would go up so I turned my dennerle reg from 6.5 turns to 7.5 turns (cant count bubbles and I cant remember out how to convert to percentages) I've been increasing slowly and am now on 9 turns and still rising (dark green D/C was a yellow colour plus signs of algae). i know co2 varies from tank to tank, but do this large increase sound about right for high fert levels or do i have a fault some where else. the only other thing apart from ferts to change was the addition of some small scabby plants, not even enough to fill a nano. any experience opinions appreciated.

Yeah, it would only be a wild guess to say either yes or no. There are only a few possibilities: either you have a leak, which you can troubleshoot with soapy water, or you have distribution issues, or it's perfectly normal.

I don't understand your comment about the DC color. Perhaps you could clarify? Is it dark green now and was yellow before? Yellow is better than dark green as long as the fish are OK with it.

Cheers,

what i meant about the D/C was before i started double dosing is was yellow. when i upped the dosing it went green. i was still turning the gas to get it yellow again despite a huge increase already yesterday i changed my reaction method, so ill see what happens today if it still needs turning up guess its normal. also removed my back ground but i don't think that will affect the experiment to much. Ill let you know how i get on Clive thanks for you help again.

Back