• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant Profile Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini'

Scientific Name
Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini'
Synonyms
Eleocharis sp. ''Belém''
Major Group
Angiosperms
Order
Poales
Family
Cyperaceae
Genus
Eleocharis
Hey guys any advice/tips and trick for 1st trim and when to do the 1st trim after planting
Personally sooner rather than later, but that is assuming that it had taken, is growing well, and has sent out lots of runners.

Preferably do it during maintenance before a water change. It'll make a mess and after netting what you can you'll probably need to wipe round the top inner edge once you drop the water line.

I'm going to be re-scaping one of my tanks soon, I plan to try and use my first carpeting plant, this is currently my first choice.

I'm going to be re-scaping one of my tanks soon, I plan to try and use my first carpeting plant, this is currently my first choice.
Mow it regularly to thicken up the carpet and encourage root growth, as you would do with a garden lawn!
Hair grass tends to collect a lot of detritus and is susceptible to tufts of BBA....therefore needs to be vacuumed regularly.

Back