• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filtration

Noddy

Seedling
I am slowly going through all the topic to enhance my chance of a good planted tank
I have understood I think the lighting,co2 and feeding aspects and have sorted what I need out.
I have a Fluval 190l corner tank which came with a 205 filter.
My question after reading this section is do I need to upgrade my filter.
Many thanks

Depends what you intend to do with the tank, if you go high tech (2wp+, co2, ferts) then you will need more circulation, if you go low tech with no CO2, low lights, etc... you can manage with what you got, but you don't necessarily need more filtration, what you need more is flow, which can be achieved with a couple of circulation pumps. In my opinion a 405 or similar would be better suited for this size tank though.

Thank you for your reply.
I have ordered all the bits for a FE co2 and ferts but i dont no what 2wp is.

Many thanks

I think LondonDragon meant wpg as in Watts per Gallon. Take your total light output in watts, divide by the volume of the tank in US gallons, and you have a rough idea of whether you have a low, medium or high light tank. 2 or more wpg is generally considered high lighting I believe, hence the 2.

Back