• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Getting rid of BBA

ChilliPepper

Hi all, I am back again with another attempt at a planted tank. We have moved house now so are settled and ready to start. I am expecting a baby in 4 days lol so start up needs to be fairly quick :lol:

So, I have got BBA, diagnosed on another forum, but will post the photos below for you to see. Steps I have taken so far is to put back in a Koralia Powerhead for extra circulation, as well as 5 capfuls of Excel on Wednesday, but didn't put any in yesterday as was unsure how much to put in.

Tank specs:

190L 50g Aqua One
Eheim 2217+
Koralia Nano 900 l p/h
= 10x turnover

Just Anubias Nana in there at the moment, which the BBA has attacked as it is slow growing. It also grows on my silk plants and wood, but I will be getting rid of the silks for the real plants. I have some more plants coming tomorrow, hopefully, so want to get it planted then. I need some advice on substrate, but will start a new thread I think.

I have some EasyCarbo and Profito on order too, which hopefully will come tomorrow. So I shall be feeding the plants properly now.

Appreciate any advice 8)

Oh just need to add that my lights are not on very long now, about 5 hours. I am going to buy a digital timer to make sure it gets the same amount every day. I also forgot to say I have T5 2 x 39w bulbs in there. Sorry, that's very important to know!

There is lots of good advice on here already on getting rid of BBA.
You can not search BBA though as the term is too short.
So enter it into google as follows:

site:ukaps.org/forum bba

Back