• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HC and supplied rockwool

andy-mu

Hi Guys,

I just bought some HC in supplied rockwool. Tropica plant from petsmart. Looks pretty good too.

Didn't have time tonight to get planting it so I just stuck the entire pot in the tank. Plant was pearling like crazy.
What I'm wondering is, I know it should be potted in small clumps, but should it be done with some rockwool
attached to it? If I'm not mistaken there is some nutrients in this is there not? Or do you think it should be removed from the rockwool entirely?

Cheers

If you go on thegreenmachin website or their YouTube channel they show you how to plant with rockwool attached. Basically put the plant on its side and cut the wool off leaving about a centimetre still attached to the plant. Then putting the plant upright, cut inti about eight sections and plant. The rockwool helps keep it planted in the substrate too. Hope that helps

That helps a lot Alastair. Thanks very much. I will get on to that tomorrow.

Hopefully the pearling is a good sign. Time will tell I suppose.

Well that's it planted. No doubt this is the bit where it all falls to pieces.

We'll see

Back