• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Help me choose a plant!

Thom_Hardy

Evening crew!

I need help! I want a plant to go in my low tech tank, the plant needs to be a background plant, preferable bushy! Along the back I have (left to right) Heteranthera zosterfolia, limnophila aromatica, GAP, Rotala rotifundia, then cabomba aquatica.

Infront of the gap is a number of crypt wendtii green and browns, with a red tiger lotus.

Due to the colour of the aromatica im not sure whether I can have another red plant next to it!!

My lighting is medium, with a photo period if 5 hours, I use weekly ferts and dose carbon!

Here's a picture (excuse the shoddy quality, its off my mobile! The gap I want to fill is where the sword is!

a2ype2u7.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I've just planted a lot of the tank hence the smaller plants! Co2 can be added as well as higher lights, but I just enjoy the simplicity of low tech tanks!

Adding a carbon source makes your tank high tech, any plant you wish should be feasible.

Thanks Tim, that's my issue, I'm.not sure what would look good, I know its not some master piece scape by ANY means, just wanted some suggestions...

Blyxa Japonica?

Not exactly a background plant but it's easy and quick to grow and looks great...

Hygrophila polysperma, comes to mind !! Different leaf-shape, from what you allready have.....and a nice, light green. Very easy plant. ( I agree with you, not to mix too nany red's 🙂 )

Blyxa Japonica?

Not exactly a background plant but it's easy and quick to grow and looks great...

Thanks buddy! I was under the impression that it needed Hugh levels of co2???

Hygrophila polysperma, comes to mind !! Different leaf-shape, from what you allready have.....and a nice, light green. Very easy plant. ( I agree with you, not to mix too nany red's 🙂 )

Ooo I like that! May have to make a purchase! Thanks buddy!

Thanks buddy! I was under the impression that it needed Hugh levels of co2???

Not necessarily, with do good in either, like any plant, Co2 addition will make it grow quicker and healthier 😉

Not necessarily, with do good in either, like any plant, Co2 addition will make it grow quicker and healthier 😉

Awesome! Hogan53 has some.going spare! Will see whether I can get some for a donation!!

Back