• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help please

lurcher

Hi,please help me,I am an old guy and my knowledge of led lighting is non existent,I still use candles!my ballast box for mt t5s has packed up and i don’t know what equivalent in LED i need to mamatch my two 39w t5s,my tank is planted and measures L39xH26xw16. The two t5s suit the plants and I can use a small LED if needed to add a bit more light.can one of you guys in the know please tell me what’s strength LED I need to light my beloved tank before my plants begin to suffer.I think I will have to get a 36” LED.thank you so much,please don’t make it to technical as I am 83 and not as sharp as I was. PS what does LED mean.? Thank you?

Thank you GH.
I'd not recommend using t5 " replacements"
1) Some you need to rewire your fixture eliminating the ballast.
2) Others use the ballast as a power supply. In your case it would mean a new ballast install.
Then they just aren't really on the output/color/per $ as a dedicated led light.
There maybe exceptions.

Any 36" led with wattage between 40-80 watts should do.
Choice mostly depends on budget and features and 2fatcyoy want to spend and what is readily available around you.
For $27 each one could get 2.
Amazon product ASIN B0BD3LG46VTechnically you may only need 11/2 of them.

You can go way more expensive with usually way more features and power.

$200 for 35-46" planted.
Amazon product ASIN B075Q8HFRC

This video shows you how to fit the lighting tube....obviously you won't be using the old ballast as this light comes with its own power supply!

hoggie

Back