• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi all

Paulukk

Seedling
Hi all

newbie here

I’ve just done a plant aquarium for my 6 year old twin boys and they love it- as does my wife which is a real bonus.

it started as a basic setup a 125 l tank with a load of stem plants , some crypts and moss. It has 3 shoals of rasbora, and tetras, a pair of dwarf blue gourami a small bristlenose and some shrimp and snails. . I’m running the original aqua sky lamp and an oase biotberm 600 which I know is overkill- but I’m a scientist and doing water chem everyday is no effort at all.

only problem I have is CO2-
Running a dual reg to a disk diffuser on a timer. When I set it during the day to one bubble/second it seems fine but I’m going through a 60l sodastream canister in less than 48 hours which can’t be right. I can find any leaks - I suspected the needle valve but after ptfe taking it and all the joints there are def no leaks- I’m suspecting a duff reg so that’s in the change list.

really happy with our setup- should have got a bigger tank but maybe next time

P

Thought I should post a pic- be kind🙂 needs a trim!!
Thinking the light (aquasky) could be brighter- water chemistry is very stable- the under planting is being shaded but the fish are happy and so are the kids watching it. They’ll be trimming this weekend - all ideas welcome
Pail

Attachments

• 37CE0F74-40BC-4D0E-8F25-310687C6BE22.jpeg
    37CE0F74-40BC-4D0E-8F25-310687C6BE22.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 87
Back