• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

high pH suitable iron chelate UK source

No worries about too much iron?
Within normal pH range (5 to 8), trivalent iron is non-toxic for plants and animals. Bivalent (reduced) iron is somehow different story. Plants must oxygenate their rhizosphere to avoid excess uptake of iron. As for the fish, bivalent iron gets oxidized to trivalent in their gills, precipitates there and hinders their functionality.
In general, the best protection against iron toxicity is well-oxygenated water column.
Also, excess iron in the sediment prevents forming hydrogen sulfide.

I gave it a go with Fe-EDDHSA but the stuff is very strongly brown coloured. Here it is added to a final concentration of around 0.2 ppm. What final concentration are people using these high pH stable iron chelates at and is the colour an issue for you? @Paul Willi @GHNelson
PXL_20240105_142407534.jpg

-Andy

Hi Andy
ive not used a premade liquid, my water is clear, when I started with eddha, there was a build up towards the end of the week as I noticed a tinge to the water. i reduced my dosing, now have clear. I dose daily with homemixed liquid dosing ferts, weekly about 0.5g of eddha is added to 180l with co2.
cheers
Paul

Hi Andy
ive not used a premade liquid, my water is clear, when I started with eddha, there was a build up towards the end of the week as I noticed a tinge to the water. i reduced my dosing, now have clear. I dose daily with homemixed liquid dosing ferts, weekly about 0.5g of eddha is added to 180l with co2.
cheers
Paul
Cheers. What % Fe-EDDHA is your powder?

When I was using Fe EDFHA, I added enough to give the water the slightest pink tinge, then as long as the pink tinge was visible the Fe EDDHA was available for the plants to uptake

I gave it a go with Fe-EDDHSA but the stuff is very strongly brown coloured. Here it is added to a final concentration of around 0.2 ppm. What final concentration are people using these high pH stable iron chelates at and is the colour an issue for you? @Paul Willi @GHNelson

-Andy
I do not get any tint (that I notice) in the water dosing an iron mix of 0.021ppm FeEDDHA, 0.5ppm DTPA and 0.5ppm seachem iron. My FeEDDHA is from bioly.

Back