• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HydorKorallia / Newave pumps

Gfish

Hi,

Has anyone ever compared the two above pumps? I see the Hydor one mentioned here alot so it's obviously a very highly thought of piece of kit.
I have a Newave 5500 and I'm looking to buy a pump not as powerful as this one to fit to the sidewall of my 5x2x2.5 and sway the leaves in the middle of the tank.

What's the difference in these two products and the kind of flow they give?

Cheers

Gavin

What about the vortech mp60 which should be out very soon, it's got huge turnover something like 7000 gallons per hour, that'd almost certainly give you great sway in the tank.

I'll read up on that one but I'd be looking for something that wasn't so powerful. I have the 5500 Newave running against my plants high up, that used to be 6 to 8 inches lower in the tank. What id quite like to do is drop this pump back down where it did a great job, then fix a lesser powered or even a wider displaced flow of the same power higher up and aimed at the plants in the middle.
I'm probably messing about with this too much, its not looking too bad really, but hey, boys n toys :) and striving for perfection :D

I just wanted to hear if anyone had used both brands I mentioned to find out how they varied???????

Cheers

Back