• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I found the royal pleco

roadmaster

A few month's ago, I placed a Juvenile royal pleco in a 55 gal tank that started as holding tank for plant clipping's from other tank's and slowly became a jungle of plant mass.
Lot's of wood with anubia attached,pennywort,val's,water sprite,crypt's, anacharis.
Anyway's,, I saw him for a few day's but after that ,nothing .
I found myself looking into the tank at night with penlight in search of the little fellow, but to no avail.
Yesterday I had decided I was gonna have to remove everything in the tank over the weekend to see if he/she was still there, or perhap's had died in the mass of plant's and snail's and skunk loaches had devoured what was left.
But early this morning around four A.M.,I once again began searching with the penlight and alas,there he/she was gloming on the sponge filter in the back corner.
I bet I had searched two or three times a week for the last few month's without so much as a glimpse of the fish, and am quite pleased to see that the fish is well.
Seroiusly,,It was much easier to search and find the skunk loaches and what few cherry shrimps have mangaed to elude them than it was to catch a glimpse of the pleco.
It was a fish from big box store that provides sketchy care of their fish and I bought the fish lest it suffer a slow death due in large part to the hefty price they were asking.
Am fairly "chuffed" as you all say to see it is alive and well,but I think I shall still clean out some plant's this weekend so perhap's I can see more of the fish and the loaches.

Great news :) These are the perils of having jungle tanks, but just consider it a compliment that your plec has been able to elude you for so long.

Back