• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Impulse buy...

Nick Holt

Seedling
Hey guys,

So....

Over the weekend I made a bit of an impulse buy and I'm now the proud owner of an ADA 60P. For a long time now I've quite fancied the look of a planted aquarium so I guess now I've not got any more excuses for not getting one set up. In the past I've dabbled with marine tanks with limited success but I've never dealt with plants at all. I was wondering if you guys could point in the direction of some helpful guides as to tell the truth, I'm not really too sure where to go next! I'd like to have a go at creating something similar to this using wood.

aquascape-262-otherb-5.jpg

Any advice, tips or starting points you guys could give me would be a massive help.

Cheers,
Nick

Hi Nick,Welcome to Ukaps :thumbup:

Have a read through the tutorials lots of helpful info :)

You can have a scape like the photo get some DW and plant some simple plants
For the DW
Java fern
Anubias
mosses
For the Substrate
Glossostigma elatinoides
Sagittaria subulata
Small Crypts

Looking forward to your Journal :)

That's a nice scape you've set your eyes on. imho it contains some pretty easy plants to grow and some pretty hard ones.

easy: needle java (back left) staurogyne repens (mid ground left), and I believe the dominate plant is mini needle java? mini needle java might be a challenge to get hold of.

Hard: blyxa (back right) - actually this plant is easy, the hard part is getting the tips to go reddish brown (it needs high light). The foreground plant is hc, it too requires high light to spread and stay compact and low. High light almost always means you need co2.

Hi Nick, As said the tutorials are a good way to learn ,your chioce of scape is up to you of course choice but plants in the easy category,would be a good way to start

Back