• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

java moss

SUE MERCER

Seedling
I've been soaking my pieces of wood in a bucket. My moss hass arrived today, can I use super glue on the wet wood?

I did it on 'damp' rocks, ie no actual water, and it was fine although I used the gel version. Just be a careful how much you use and how much moss you cover it with or you will get lots of white patches of glue (although I suppose the moss will eventually cover it). On my wood I used fishing line to attach it, which I prefered personally.

Thanks for the rapid reply. Ive tried fishing line and found that I need 3 pairs of hands. I'll try to find some jel super glue as you suggested

I've now tried both methods of attaching my java moss onto my wood and some stones, also trying it on some cut down mushroom crates. As these are plastic they floated so ended up having to tie small stones from the garden onto the bottom.I'm now waiting to see which method works out best.
I seem to have bought far to much, so I'm keeping it fresh in jars on the windowsill. Hope this worksl

I seem to have bought far to much, so I'm keeping it fresh in jars on the windowsill. Hope this worksl

That's how I keep mine, just rinse it under the tap daily and put back into fresh water :)

Back