• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just a quicky!!

dannydee

Hi folks,

New to the forum but so far it's been a great help. I just have one quick question: Tetratec EX700 or the classic Eheim 2215+ for a 112ltr tank?? I'm totall new to external filters but know it's the way forward! Maybe I should also add, it's only a low tech tank I'm setting up.

Any advice folks would be great.

Cheers,
Dan

Hi Dan, For a 112ltr tank you should be looking to try and get around at least 1100lph of flow. The Eheim has 650lph, whereas the tt ex700 has 700lph. The flow can always be raised by the addition of a powerhead. Really depends on what your goal is......... Answer to the question i would go for the eheim (or better still 2 of them).

Cheers toadass,

Still having a bit of a mare with it. Been reading about other brands as well - I think I just to bite the bullet and just go for one!!

After spending an unhealthy amount of time reading up on different filters and what people had to say about them, I have decided to go for the JBL Cristal Profi E900. I know it isn't going to produced the x10 flow but everything else about it fits the bill. If need be, I can add another filter to the tank but for now, I think I should free up the computer for the rest of the family to use.

Cheers everyone.

Back