• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

L204 vs My Hardscape

OllieNZ

Hi All
I'm looking into getting some L204s for my tank and during my research have read they are heavy consumers of wood. I don't really want them to go to town on my manzi:eek: so is there a way of providing them an alternative source of wood they would rather chew up than my hardscape? Or could someone recommend a similar sized or smaller L# (other than BN) that wont eat my hardscape:angelic:

Regards

Ollie

Lots of smaller L-numbers, it depends more on availability in your lfs. L104 is smaller as is L169 (both not too hard to find) but they do eat wood. They only eat soft wood so I think your Manzi will last a decade. L046 is quite easy to find if you got the money and doesn't eat wood. Or a more affordable and really nice non wood eating plec would be L134, again, not too hard too find. I think going to your favorite lfs and writing down the L numbers, checking them online on planetcatfish.com is the best way to find a suitable L-number.

Lots of smaller L-numbers, it depends more on availability in your lfs. L104 is smaller as is L169 (both not too hard to find) but they do eat wood. They only eat soft wood so I think your Manzi will last a decade. L046 is quite easy to find if you got the money and doesn't eat wood. Or a more affordable and really nice non wood eating plec would be L134, again, not too hard too find. I think going to your favorite lfs and writing down the L numbers, checking them online on planetcatfish.com is the best way to find a suitable L-number.

I'll give those a google. Pretty much no limit on availbility my lfs will get in anything they dont have and I havent managed to stump them yet, as for budget £25ish per fish.
Thanks
Ollie

Back