• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led lighting for a 60l cube / BiOrb intelligent light

Vyncenze

Hi

I bought a 40x40x40 cm (60l) cube tank at the weekend in which I plan to keep shrimp. The seller provided with it a BiOrb "intelligent" LED light unit - this is the one with 4 bright white LEDs and a blue one, it operates on a 24 hour cycle. It's quite an elegant looking thing and sits happily on the cover glass, illuminating the tank nicely. I have my doubts as to how powerful it is though (although I know these are part of the 60l BiOrb kit).

I only want to keep very low light plants (java moss/fern/anubias/maybe crypts) but do you think I would be better off selling the BiOrb light and buying another small LED unit like the ones sold by All Ponds Solutions, or should I stick with what I have? Anyone have experience with the APS 32 or 64 LED clip on LED lights? I could probably afford to buy one (or stretch to two) of these units with the money I could make selling the BiOrb. Or the little TMC clip-ons? Any thoughts?

(P.S. I know it would be simpler to go with T5s or something, but I'm keen to retain the LED shimmer. I don't need super-bright, I just want to know what would be the best value)

Thank you!

Did you go for the APS lights? If so how did you get on with them? Im thinking about getting one for a 25l planted tank as replacements from my x2 11w Arcadia arc pod.

Back