• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

LED lighting for a 6'x3'x2'?

t.doyle

Well well,

We've fallen in love with the tiniest little mbu puffer who will need a nice big tank!

I am planning the tank at the moment and would like LED'sfor a number of reasons but mostly for 'coolness'... The tank will be approx 6 feet in length and 3 feet from back panel to front.

I like the 8000k razor, does anyone know if a unit with wide angle lenses will stretch the 3ft back to front?

Anyone have any suggestions? I ideally would like to spend less then £800 on lighting..

Ill be putting a new lighting unit on my set up in my latest journal which is a little bigger than that. Should be next week or the week after if you want to look out for that.
Other than that 3 or 4 tmc tiles would easily light that size tank for under that budget
Which light are you going for? I've seen your thread with the tiles, is there a reason for changing? To be honest, I've never liked the tiles... Seem cheap, plasticky, and not that reliable.

Ill be putting a new lighting unit on my set up in my latest journal which is a little bigger than that. Should be next week or the week after if you want to look out for that.
Other than that 3 or 4 tmc tiles would easily light that size tank for under that budget
Who made your tank? I'm still looking around for someone to build mine, do you mind If I ask how much you paid for the glass?

You'll certainly need a bigger tank for that fish soon enough 😉

However lighting wise how about-

2x TMC luminaires- will do 4ft long and apparently 80cm front to back (Just shy of 3 ft).
1x Maxspect Razor 300w bit of shade towards the front but shouldn't be too bad. (Only with different lenses)

Back