• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED Lighting for a Nano

NanoJames

Hi all,
I've got a birthday coming up in mid July and I think I fancy an LED light for my nano which can be found here: 20 Liter Nano | Page 2 | UK Aquatic Plant Society
I would quite like the TMC Micro LED 200 but I would rather get everyone's take on it first. The tank is (in cm) 30L X 25H X 23D. I would only really consider LEDs as they use a smaller wattage but look really nice. I don't mind what style it is either. For price I would say anything up to about £40 would probably be OK. I will be probably putting a HC carpet in too so hopefully something that can grow that. I'll consider all suggestions so please put some forward!:)
Cheers

Beamswork LEDs are good, I have one one my 54l. The price for the one for your tank is 33 posted. Look on eBay and the seller is aquaman. Not sure about hc tho.

Hi mate

HC is very sensitive to CO2, a fancy LED light won't fix that problem. If you want to grow a lush HC carpet, you're better off investing in a good CO2 setup :)

Cheers
Gilles

Reactions: tim
Hi man
Now that you've said that, me and my dad ordered the TMC light earlier today!:lol: In my experience, HC did not too badly in low tech set up, I just didn't carpet quite as well and grew up more than out.:)

Back