• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting for a pond style 70x70x30cm tank

Khuulio

Seedling
Hey guys, I wanted to buy a light which could be hung from above with a lamp-stand or something similar (easily adjustable) for my upcoming tank. It is a shallow square tank (70x70x30cm, with 30cm being the height, might make it a bit bigger). I came across this lamp. It was cheap ($80 AUD) and was LED.

8MXvd.jpg

It is a PAR38 16x3W CREE XP-E FAN COOLED LED LIGHT, with 12 white diodes and 4 blue diodes, rated at 8000k, and has a 60 degree lighting arc. I think its sufficient to cover the entire footprint of the tank and provide enough PAR lighting (which I guess I'll have to find out manually).

I'd like some advice or opinions from the experienced before I buy this.

wow sounds like a lot of light would be interesting to see the results :) cant offer advice but plenty of peep on here who can. just a word of caution ive seen som amazing claims in the lighting fixtures outputs that are often not realized in practice. if u get the fitting would love to here how it works out :)

wow sounds like a lot of light would be interesting to see the results cant offer advice but plenty of peep on here who can. just a word of caution ive seen som amazing claims in the lighting fixtures outputs that are often not realized in practice. if u get the fitting would love to here how it works out

I'm going for a low-moderate lighting setup, similar to the Bucket 'O Mud, just needs enough light for a carpet of Dwarf Sag, if possible. Mainly for crypts, Vallisneria and Hygro. The lighting comes with three years warranty though, so I feel safe enough. Do note that its going to be hung maybe a feet or two above the water, to also provide the emergent riparian plants some light.

I'm going for a low-moderate lighting setup, similar to the Bucket 'O Mud, just needs enough light for a carpet of Dwarf Sag, if possible. Mainly for crypts, Vallisneria and Hygro. The lighting comes with three years warranty though, so I feel safe enough. Do note that its going to be hung maybe a feet or two above the water, to also provide the emergent riparian plants some light.
all sounds good go for gold :)

all sounds good go for gold

Hmm, gotta wait till next weekend to buy it, hope no one buys it. Having second thoughts if it will be bright enough because I want only "unit" of lighting. It should be bright enough right?

Hmm, gotta wait till next weekend to buy it, hope no one buys it. Having second thoughts if it will be bright enough because I want only "unit" of lighting. It should be bright enough right?
well if it works as described i would have thought so

Back