• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low Light Non CO2 Friendly Plant

faizal

Hi everyone,...could someone suggest some easy to maintain Low Light Non Co2 Plants for a Non Co2 tank please? I bought this new 5 Gallon tank that I hope to turn into a low light non co2 tank.

Faizal

Ferns also, mosses are really good though as matt said.

Also there some nice crypt species aswell, on the tropica website I'm pretty sure it has a whole list of plants and there need look for the crypts and stems aswell.

All those mentioned.
plus swords.

(stems will grow low tech, but often painfully slow, so I would not describe them as easy).

Thank you so much fellas!!!

Would Hygrophila polysperma & H. Difformis do well in a non co2 set up? I've got some from my previous tank that I would like to try growing without co2.

nayr88 said:
on the tropica website I'm pretty sure it has a whole list of plants

Hi Faizal

As Nayr88 has already pointed out - on the Tropica website (link below) there is a easy/beginner plant section or list of plants which they say dont require co2. Check out the link

http://www.tropica.com/plants/difficulty/easy.aspx

I myself will be using this as a referance point for plants that I could try in my own low tech tank. I am sure there will be some which are easier to grow and keep healthy and some which may not even work out that well in the low tech setup - but its a good starting referance hey?

Perhaps some more experiend members could take a look at the list and offer a warning against plants which are on the list but in their opinion are not suitable

Thank you Jason!! Lovely idea,...I will do just that then.

i just ordered the plant list with my plant guy.

Amazon swords - small variety
Anubias petite nanas tied to rocks
Hygrophila difformis
Hygrophila polysperma
A small Echinodorus species.
Crptocoryne wendtii Tropica

A nice little green corner by my bed :D

Faizal

Good Faizal, keep us updated on how you get on and post some pics if you can - I wish you all the best with your new setup - AKA "Little Green Corner" :)

greenjar said:
Good Faizal, keep us updated on how you get on and post some pics if you can - I wish you all the best with your new setup - AKA "Little Green Corner" :)

:D :D :D

Cheers Jason.

Back