• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mains CO2 concentrations

AndrewH

Because of some great advice by guys on here, I now realise I need to do 90L water changes every day for a while.
However, even though I have a (supposedly) high tech tank, I have noticed that after a water change, my plants all pearl. (They dont pearly normally)

I have already read that this is because my mains water has a saturated CO2 level.

So my question is, how can I do large 50% (90L) water changes every day without the CO2 level being all over the place and incurring a BBA outbreak?

Ive read about water changing when the light ares off, but surely this still means the CO2 is in the water. The fact that the plants arent using it for photosynthesis isnt relevant to the BBA is it?

Sorry for dumb questions, but Im just unsure and have already made one huge blunder with this setup and dont relish the thought of making another :facepalm:

Hi,
This is completely irrelevant in a CO2 injected tank. The entire water change process helps you 1000X more than any risks and is not something you need to worry about. It's a non-issue.

If you suffer a BBA bloom you can be certain the the fault lies elsewhere and has nothing to do with this aspect of a water change.

Cheers,

Back