• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Methylene blue purity issue ?

Heelllooo

Hello everyone,

Some days ago , my gf bought for me methylene blue in powder form at the drugstore.

I had never seen methylene blue in powder before and from what I know it's supposed to be a little bit green.

But this is what I received :

IMG_20230903_195236.jpg

The guy on the phone said it was technical grade methylene blue.
But I'm really not sure of the purity of it and if I can use it for dip/bath treatment.

When I look online I see some salers putting picture of a red powder as pure methylene blue but on Wikipedia they say that it can contain zinc when it's not green.

Is this supposed to look like this ? Should I use it or not ? Is it just some oxydise form or something ?

PS : I'm sorry if it's not the good subforum, I really didn't know where to post this thread.

The drug store should have an audit trail of documentation. It has not been appropriately packaged and labelled. Nor is it blue. I would treat it as a hazardous substance as a precaution. I would return it if I could.

The drug store should have an audit trail of documentation. It has not been appropriately packaged and labelled. Nor is it blue. I would treat it as a hazardous substance as a precaution. I would return it if I could.

Yes I'm gonna try to return it.

It's a nice drugstore that I like, but it's from another time.
Which is nice because you can find pretty much everything at really good price. They sell the chemicals by weight and there is no minimum.
But sometimes they're not the most serious.

But I don't think it's supposed to be blue.

Back