• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Mixing ADA aquasoil v2 with other brands?

ChrisL

Hi I hope someone can help a beginner.

I have a 50g 90cm planted tank with ADA Aquasoil v2 that's been running for 6months. Now I want to add more hardscape, to be specific more seiryu stones and move the driftwood a little bit. While planning, I figured I would need to add more substrate to achieve the depth and the look that I want. Im looking at adding probably around 5-6liters of aquasoil. Problem is, budget is tight right now(ADA brand is expensive here in the Philippines) so I was looking at other brands of substrate I can use then I remember reading somewhere online some time ago that mixing ADA with other brands causes it to break down. is this really true? I just researched it again and ive been seeing different comments. what made me ask is when someone said "its just a marketing strat to get people to buy just their own brand".

I would really like to have this done so I can get its beauty on its peak or at least to be almost there for the coming Christmas season.

and btw, current livestock are:
1 Neon dwarf rainbow
2 Cardinal Tetra
2 Red pencil tetra
1 Oreo Angelfish
3 SAE
6 Malaya shrimp
3 Nerite snails

Thank you

Mix away, I've mixed several different brands in the past and no disintegration.
As far as I can see there is very little difference visually as well.
Regardless, it's not something I'd worry about too much particularly 😉

Back