• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal My first exotic 'arium

I’m not well versed on tree frogs if that’s the intended inhabitant. But I’d be worried that the hardscape is a little limiting and a lot of open ground space has been left.

Are waterbowls necessary? I know with Dartfrogs they can actually pose a risk of drowning and they drink droplets from leaves rather than a water source like bowls.
I did think that about the lack of climbing, I'm at work all week so will be going to my lfs at weekend to look at some wood, I've got lots of time to sort hardscape out.
Yes a water bowl is necessary (as long as it's not deep enough for them to drown) as they like to sit in the water to help hydrate, plus you need one for tadpoles as they lay eggs on plant leaves which overhang water so they drop in when ready.

I did think that about the lack of climbing, I'm at work all week so will be going to my lfs at weekend to look at some wood, I've got lots of time to sort hardscape out.
Yes a water bowl is necessary (as long as it's not deep enough for them to drown) as they like to sit in the water to help hydrate, plus you need one for tadpoles as they lay eggs on plant leaves which overhang water so they drop in when ready.
Yeah that’s a good point actually, darts try to lay eggs in the bromeliads which never really works out well. I think a lot of people do a little clay dish of water and a coconut husk over it.

I’m really contemplating a vivarium again. They’re so easy to care for and offer enough Interest to keep you busy.

Yeah that’s a good point actually, darts try to lay eggs in the bromeliads which never really works out well. I think a lot of people do a little clay dish of water and a coconut husk over it.

I’m really contemplating a vivarium again. They’re so easy to care for and offer enough Interest to keep you busy.
Don't just contemplate it mate, just do it, this was the best thing i did, like you say it's easy, cheapish, a multitude of plants to choose from, and very rewarding.

Back