• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first Iwagumi inspired Scape

Veahlocity

Hi all! This is my first attempt at an Iwagumi inspired aqua scape. I am a big fan of Green Aqua and their scapes so I am going to attempt to do one myself! If I can somehow manage half of what they do I’ll be happy! I have a 600 x 300 x 380mm tank that I have started to scape. I have chosen to use Seiryu stones.. no surprises there I’m sure!

The tank is not staying on the counter top, it will go on a stand with a background maybe, I’m not sure. Just on the side to help scape!

I started by using power sand S on the base of the tank and brushed it away from the edges of the glass.. even bought myself a set of brushes to feel like the professionals! on top of that I placed Tropica AquaSoil, I’ve been told that it’s very similar to Amazonia, and it has very similar properties. I choice I hope I don’t learn to regret! Once I’m happy with the hardscape I will be adding a layer of amazonia powder soil.

I’ve placed the stones in the tank, trying my best to arrange them in some sort of Iwagumi style fashion. I really like the idea of having a sand path through the middle of the scape which either disappears to the back or off to the side. I have a bag of LaPlata sand to use but will think about it before I pour it in, I don’t fancy removing it if I change my mind! would be a right pain. Would a sand path be a good idea?

As for planting, I have a rough idea of the look I want. I whipped up a drawing within a minute on Snapchat. I have a pressurised Co2 system, which I plan to run an in-line diffuser on my external pass OASE filter, maximising Co2 distribution. I am of course open to suggestions, as the scapers with the most experience will know best and can advice! I will worry about plants once I’m happy with the hardscape.

I would really appreciate some input, some tips and tricks to help me make this tank look as good as it can. all feedback is welcomed of course. I will sit on the rocks for a few days, keep tweaking and adjusting until I’m happy enough to glue. Then I will start worrying about planting!

Thankyou
IMG_9911.jpeg
IMG_9921.jpeg
IMG_9929.png

IMG_9903.jpeg
IMG_9904.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9901.jpeg
    IMG_9901.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9912.jpeg
    IMG_9912.jpeg