• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New 5.5 US Gallon Low Light Non Co2 Tank

Yes Matt,....I can see what you mean. They would look rather funny. Big leaves at the bottom & real teeny weenie ones at the top :D :D :D . You've got admit it though,....they really do look kind of cute.

Darrel,...the cabomba that I refer to is cabomba Caroliniana. It wasn't a limnophila species. Do you think they melted because my light levels were high for a non co2 setup? Is it sensitive to co2? It is listed as Medium Difficulty by Tropica's website (meaning demands better growing conditions, requires medium to good light & most often requiring CO2)

Hi all,
I can not help with the Potamogeton species ID, it may be worth posting it over on LFKC as I know Dee on there has kept quite a few different species of it.
Can you (or Paulo) post images on LFKC for me? or email them to Dee? I'm happy to send some plant material, I have plenty spare.

I'm not sure about the Cabomba, my tanks vary in light levels (from a single 11W CFL, up to 400W HPS) and it does all right in all of these, but most of them have bright ambient light as well. I don't have PAR meter, but I would think that all the tanks are all medium light or higher and I usually have a 12 hour photo-period. It is a true aquatic so atmospheric CO2 levels shouldn't be a problem.

My tank water is quite soft (basically nearly 100% rain-water) about 4 dkH and 150microS conductivity, so that might be the difference, if it isn't a light effect. A lot of the stems will be 70 - 80 cm long when I take them out, with leaves right to the bases, so it is a pretty fast grower even grown in very nutrient poor conditions.

cheers Darrel

Back